2016 Honda CR-V vs. 2016 Subaru Forester
Sporty, powerful, comfortable, and technologically sophisticated, the 2016 Honda CR-V is the perfect car for Milwaukee-area drivers, who know they can rely on Honda in good weather as well as bad to get them to their next destination. Not only does the CR-V give you a dependably high-performing engine as well as a slew of safety devices to keep your protected, but this new Honda promises Mequon and Glendale drivers a ride they’ll enjoy, with a selection of audio technologies to keep the music pumping on those long drives into the city. But to really appreciate the strengths of this car, just compare it to one of its rivals, the 2016 Subaru Forester.
Power and Dependability
Milwaukee drivers need a car that’s not going to fail them on those bitter winter mornings, but also one capable of the sort of real power you need to enjoy those long summer drives. The 2016 Honda CR-V offers all this and more:
- The 2016 Honda CR-V – The CR-V features an In-line Aluminum Alloy 4-cylinder engine that promises a reliable 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque. But this engine is also stunningly efficient: with standard Eco Assist and 2WD, the CR-V gets 26 in the city and 33 on the highway.*
- The 2016 Subaru Forester – The Forester runs on a 2.5L H4, 16-valve DOHC engine, but it can only produce 170 hp and 174 lb-ft of torque. Not only that, but it’s less efficient than the CR-V, achieving only 22 mpg in the city and 29 on the highway.
Connectivity and Entertainment
Not only does the CR-V ensure a dependable drive, but it also guarantees an enjoyable, with a host of technologies to keep you entertained and informed:
- The 2016 Honda CR-V – The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System gives you instant access to all the information you’ll need on your drive—maps, routes, locations, and more—while its 7-inch Display Audio System makes choosing your tunes as simple as can be, and smartphone-compatible HondaLink Next Generation even gives you access to the music on your phone.
- The 2016 Subaru Forester – The Forester offers a voice-activated GPS Navigation as well as SUBARU STARLINK technology, but no HondaLink Next Generation program, and its base-line trim is only equipped with a 6.2-inch display screen.
Safe and Secure
Both the 2016 Honda CR-V and the 2016 Subaru Forester provide a number of active and passive safety devices, but the CR-V provides a few unique systems to help protect you and your passengers:
- The 2016 Honda CR-V – The 2016 Honda CR-V gives you a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera; Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control; Electronic Brake Distribution and Brake Assist; and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. But it also gives you Forward Collision Warning and Collision Mitigation Braking, which allows the vehicle to do its best to avert collisions before they occur by applying the brakes when you fail to do so.
- The 2016 Subaru Forester – The Forester gives Mequon, Milwaukee, and Glendale drivers Brake Assist, Tire Pressure Monitoring, and more, but it does not offer any Forward Collision Warning or Mitigation system.
Experience the 2016 Honda CR-V Today
Drivers from the Milwaukee area shouldn’t just read about this exciting new vehicle—you need to experience it! Take the 2016 Honda CR-V for a test drive today by visiting our David Hobbs Honda dealership at 6100 North Green Bay Ave in Glendale, or give us a call at 888-216-8497. You don’t want to miss the new 2016 Honda CR-V!*26 city/33 hwy/29 combined mpg rating for 2WD models. 25 city/31 highway/27 combined mpg rating for AWD models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.